We all wished Howard a happy 83rd. Birthday today, and will do it again tonight at dinner. Love that now he is a year older than I am.
Little different today, am going to share one of my Flash Fiction Stories and some First Lines Prompts
I AM A BOOK
I am a novel sitting in a crowded bookshelf filled with books of every color, size and description. I am never lonely, but I wish someone would pick me up and read me.
The last time someone picked me up they wrote in my margins, and used a pencil to underline my words. Is what they read that important? And another time they folded the tops of my pages down and I felt so fat I was afraid I’d topple over.
I can’t tell if all the other books are in the same shape I’m in. Maybe if someone pulled me down I could look around and see.
But what if no one wants to read me? Will I be plucked off the shelf and thrown away like old garbage?
I must be important though, after all someone wrote in my pages and folded down corners must mean I’ve said something important, something to remember.
My cover is still shiny and my color is good. I must stay healthy so I can remain on this wonderful bookshelf with all my cousins, the mysteries, the biographies, the romances, the self help books, the computer books, the best sellers and the children’s books.
I hope there is always room for me and for what I have to say.
Come on somebody.
Pick me up.
First Lines: Writing Prompts:
1. After the war, I came home stuck in two different worlds.
2. The conference was over and I couldn’t wait to get out of the office.
3. The man in the elevator with her was wearing something that made her sneeze.
4. Her outfit no longer contained her twenty extra pounds.
5. The turmoil inside her was sharp and shattering.
6. She was swept away along with the explosive debris.
7. The squalid surroundings reminded her of her chilling childhood.
8. The child loved the funny gizmo.
9. She was hearing conflicted stories.
10. He swept the debris from the car careful not to destroy evidence.
That’s all for today.
Remember to keep love and kisses in your life.